Old January 16th 04, 11:02 PM

Default Mystery Station on Car Radio(!)

As I was driving to work this morning just outside Columbus, Ohio, I used
the search function on my car radio just for fun. Like most car radios in
North America, it tunes only in 10kHz increments.
When I tuned down to 530kHz at about 1120 UTC, I was very surprised to hear
Middle Eastern or North African vocal pop music. The signal began to fade
badly by 1128, and there was no discernable talk through the listening
period. The frequency is very approximate due to the 10kHz tuning
increments. Poor/fair level under/over a local TIS (announcing a road
closure that happened six months ago ;-), and beacon HEH (Newark, Ohio, 524
kHz).
Though I've heard the occasional Latin station (mostly Cubans) on this
radio, I've never heard anything like this on MW from this area, not even on
my Kenwood R5000 at home. Does anyone know where this would most likely be
coming from??
--Larry