Old January 17th 04, 04:32 AM
Telamon

In article ,
(Kenneth) wrote:

Telamon wrote in message

What quotes this quotes from passport to world band radio?:
The Ten Tec RX340 [$3,999]test findings:The sync selectable
sideband lose look relatively easily,Passport recomend an
external Sherwood SE-3 [500.00],poor dynamic range,static crashes
sound harsher than on analog receivers.Spurious signal noted
around 6MHZ segment,notch filter does not work in AM,Sync
selectable sideband or ISB modes,Noise blanker not effective
ect, ect, ect,

You play fast and loose with the facts, misstating or exaggerating
them. I used to think that you were just confused but you continue
although corrected so I can only conclude that your thoughts are
completely prejudicial whatever your motivation. You have no
credibility.

What the problem? Do you don't like this passport RX 340 flaws
report? This is NOT MY OPPINION but the "con" part of the passport to
world band radio magazine review.Do you think they are "prejudiced
whatever their motivations"?.Then why you not call them and protest?
You are making a ridiculous ninny paper prattling "You have no
credibility" "you have not credibility" but this is only your
nonsense oppinion because you want to deflect the attention and hide
the passport report about your expensive receiver.Why don't accept it
or complain with the right people [passport reviewers staff]about the
review and stop this nonsense? This sample of the report [the flaws
part] is an accurate quote of what the passport reviewer wrote and
NOT MY OPPINION.I don't add anything or exaggerate anything.You are
the only one confused and with credibility deficiency here. Ken

You have no credibility. You may have copied what is written in
Passport and twisted it for your own evil ends but that does not
constitute a quote.

Here is the way to do it.

In the 2004 Passport RX340 review I read "Noise blanker not effective
at some locations; for example, other receivers (but not the POS
IC-R75) work better in reducing noise from electric fences." This means
it is effective against some noise types but not all. This entire quote
about the noise blanker reads differently from your writing (sic)
"Noise blanker not effective ect, ect, ect," as an example of your
bias.

I think Passport had their hands on a bum unit. I have not had the
problems they describe in my RX340 with one exception and that is it
does lose sync lock on rapid and deep fading signals. The signal can be
very weak or deeply fading and it is not a problem unless the fade is
rapid. The fading can be rapid without a locking problem as long as it
is not deep. The radio will lose lock if both conditions exist at the
same time to a great enough extent. It is one area of the radios
performance I whish was better.

The other cons as I've told you several times are not evident in my
unit and I would expect other people that own this radio to come back
and post that their unit does have the other problems but you don't see
those posts do you? What you do see is Kenneth flapping in the breeze
trying to justify his decisions by knocking other people.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California