Old January 17th 04, 10:10 AM
Dxluver

When I tuned down to 530kHz at about 1120 UTC, I was very surprised to hear
Middle Eastern or North African vocal pop music.

Absolutely, without a doubt. I believe you. I've installed an older
sensitive analog AM-FM radio in my cruising vessel.

I've programmed my five favorites in the 'push-buttons' my last one is 550
here in Cincinnati. After I'm done listening to the frequency slot I always
turn the dial just a tad (which is 530.)

I enjoy listening to ARTIMIS and have logged six different ones while out and
abouts, it's a great tool, though *low powered.* I frequently, when I'm out
of a belt-loop (where you'll hear ARTIMIS)... hear transatlantic when that slot
is clear of ARTIMIS.

Anyone else an *ARTIMIS FREAK*??