Old January 18th 04, 05:02 PM

Thanks, everyone, for helping with this one. I'm now convinced it was CIAO,
Ontario, I was hearing. According to their program schedule, they broadcast
in Punjab/Hindi during that time slot. Since there wasn't any talk when I
logged this one, I'm not too embarrassed to have mistaken the pop vocals for
Arabic-style music.

I currently live in an apartment, with too much electrical noise all around
to do any decent DXing, either MW or SW. MW is especially difficult, so my
best chance of doing any MW DXing is when I'm traveling. Of course, a
standard car radio with embedded rear-window antenna isn't the greatest when
it comes to picking up weak signals. As a result, I haven't done any serious
MW DXing for the past several years, and the "Middle Eastern" music that
morning really surprised me.

--Larry