Old January 19th 04, 06:47 AM
Howard

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:57:05 -0600, Dan P.
wrote:

Thanks a bunch, Howard. Those look like great links. I may go ahead
and use the coax as a feed line, but I'll do further research first on
the links you listed. One problem is fitting the coax between my
window and sill.....I'm not crazy about doing any drilling into my
brick so I'll have to consider this option further.
---------------

Remove 24 to reply.

I now understand your dilemma with bringing in your feedline. Do you
have an attic vent? That is how I have settled on bringing in my
cables; I don't use much more cable (about 10 feet) and by that time
in an antenna installation an easy method (that works) is always
welcome. From there I bring the cable through a hole in the ceiling,
n a closet, and then route to the radio.

Also, you should consider using RG-6 75 ohm coax (0.266" dia) as in
regard to signal loss it is as good as the thicker (0.405" dia) and is
much easier to work with and comes with connectors installed. I do
know there are 'F' to PL-259 adapters if you chose a manufactured
antenna (such as Alpha Delta, Antenna Supermarket etc) and there is
also an 'F' to 1/8inch phone plug adapter that will connect to your
radio. Stick around the newsgroup and inbetween the political tripe
that get's posted and the usual usenet.spam.everywhere there is useful
information floating around.