Old June 26th 04, 01:46 AM
Roger Halstead

On 23 Jun 2004 12:17:49 GMT, in rec.radio.amateur.antenna you wrote:

For the first time in many years, I'm about to put up a 20 meter monobander on
a tower. The XYL is asking questions I cannot answer, specifically relating to
RF and birds. I wouldn't want to be a bird sitting on an element when a KW is
supplied to it? Are my concerns valid?

Some where around here I have several photos of Cormorants (I think
that's how it's spelled) sitting on the beams. Those are *big* birds
and it shows in the droop of the booms and elements. They didn't seem
to be concerned about 1500 watts.

I couldn't get rid of the darn things. They had decided that was
where they were staying for the night. When I'd chase them off they'd
just come back. Worse than a load of ice. They are bigger than ducks
and there were 8 or 10 of them up there.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Gary K5QT