Old January 21st 04, 03:34 AM
Eric F. Richards

"Pete KE9OA" wrote:

I know that...............I think that both of you are good guys. Radio fun!

Pete

anyone else belive that?

(crickets chirping)

Hmpf. Thought so.

:-)

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Pete!

Eric

"Eric F. Richards" wrote in message
"Pete KE9OA" wrote:

It should be good..............I am shooting for a +40dBm IP3 on the

loop
amplifier.

Cool!

About that 6790, the IP3 on that unit is rated at +30dBm, which
isn't bad, but they do have a wide open front end.

Yeah. I know it has a pretty solid front end, but no preselector.
I'm just returning the favor for phil needling me. The only real
problem with that receiver is that it generally is bare-bones when you
get it and you have to fill out all the filter options.

Eric

Still, I haven't had any
overload problems with mine. It is my favorite receiver, but it so is
BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. Maybe, when I buy a house, I will build a nice deep

night
table to keep it on. When you open up the 6790, you see that the
construction is very good. All of the RF modules are enclosed in a

die-cast
"egg crate construction" style of assembly. The 45MHz I.F. filter is at
least 8 poles, so the 2nd mixer is protected quite well from out of

bandpass
stations. I got mine from Ken G. down in St Louis. He is a great person

deal with.

Pete

--
Eric F. Richards

"The weird part is that I can feel productive even when I'm doomed."
- Dilbert

--
Eric F. Richards,

"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- J. R. Pierce, Bell Labs, c. 1940