Old January 21st 04, 03:25 AM
Stinger

I've been using those same speakers for "surround" on the home theater for
six years. They are solid performers, with frequency response and power
ratings greater than needed for rear channels. In other words....perfect!

-- Stinger

"Gray Shockley" wrote in message
.com...
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:07:32 -0600, Dxluver wrote
(in message ):

most folks who hear it don't realize they're listening to
shortwave - "Naah, it sounds to good to come from far away" 8-}

Yeah, I've had my folks and a friend mention that they couldn't believe

that
was the V.O.T........coming in crystal clear through those amplifieds.

Not trying to be flippant, but your ears know what
sounds good to them and you'll know by where you have to set your
volume if you're have enough power to drive it.

Sure- sure- I know what you mean. While the 129X is down, I'll do that

with
the 140X. The the things with the Hammars is that I KNOW there is more

than
enough to drive one of these Aiwa speakers, no problem.

Hopefully it sounds sweet.

Thanks Howard:-)

I grabbed a close-out (thirty dollars) on the 40-4094 "Wall-Mount

Speaker".

The part# is wrong but this appears to be the catalog entry on this

speaker
"set".

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...oduct%5Fid=40-
4099

It sounds /very/ good and I'm driving it with a DX-398 (!!) and a

CCradio+.

I'm even thinking of trying to find another so I can listen to NPR in

stereo
[dux].

Gray Shockley
DX-392 DX-398