Old January 23rd 04, 12:42 PM
Lenny

Default Interesting Passport to WB Radio Reviews

Sorry if this has already been discussed before.
I just received my 04 Passport to WB Radio and immediately
turned to the reviews section.
Owning an R75 with all the Kiwa mods, I was interested to see if they
re-tested it.
To my amazement, they did. They stated that the mods "provide a slight
improvement
in the popular Icom IC-R75's performance".
That's what I thought also, plus it seemed to be the consensus of others who
have had
the mods done.
They gave the Kiwa modded R75 4 Stars.
The next review, was, I believe, last year's review of the un-modded R75
which they gave
4 3/8 Stars, which I believe, is still more than 4 Stars.
Very confusing.
It seems that they rated the better version of the receiver lower.
I could care less cuz I'm very pleased with the performance of the receiver.
Just wondering if anybody had any insight to the inner workings of the
reviews in Passport.
Thanks,
Lenny