Old January 23rd 04, 01:53 PM
Dee D. Flint

"craigm" wrote in message

"Preesi" wrote in message
I have 2 Shortwave radios, I scan the bands alot, and yet never get
anything!
I wanna get rtty, cw and SSTV and WEFAX. HELP!
What do I look for?
Do I need a book?

--

preesi

You may need a book to determine the time and frequency of the desired
broadcasts. Google searchs should be able to find that info also.

For RTTY, CW, and SSTV, you need to be looking in the amateur radio bands.
If you go to http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/reg.../bandplan.html ,
the amateur radio band plans are listed. You will also need to study up on
what bands are most appropriate for the time of day that you are listening.
Some bands are good in the daytime while others are good at night.