Old January 24th 04, 11:19 AM
TL Fort

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:42:20 -0600, "Stinger"
wrote:

TL,

RadioLabs is a brand new company, so there isn't much to say as far as
previous feedback. However, Chris Justice is a truly gifted radio engineer,
who is very into radio, and will do extremely well with his new company.
C.Crane's former head technician is also now at RadioLabs.

I sent my ATS-909 there for modifications. When it comes back, it will have
a new, high-performance speaker, the antenna gain will really be "gain", the
LED display will be blue, and it will have some extremely nice sensitivity
improvements, including some custom filters to Chris's specifications.

Chris e-mailed me the day after they modded my radio, and had the following
to say about my newly modded ATS-909:

"Whenever I get one of the Super 909s in my hand, which seems to be alot
lately, I can't put em down. I have to keep messing with it. The AM filter
is just extremely well designed and works so well that it doesn't have any
adjacent channel interference, even at 10k with a 1000 watt station about
2.5 miles from me. Excellent filter. That's what I liked playing with the
most. The audio is really nice, full and you get a full 6k out of it. That's
really unusual nowdays considering most of the radios that are advertised 6k
are about 3k. The sensitivity is ... well, you'll just have to play with it.
Also, when you get it back, notice how the RF gain control operates and how
much GAIN you have gotta love it. Compare it to some of your "DX" radios
on the market and see how close it comes.

I also got a confirming UPS tracking e-mail both from UPS and RadioLabs (my
radio will arrive on Monday).

So please let me be the first to recommend them for you. They can also do
mods on CCRadios, and can even add a Synch Detector (also of CHris's design)
to it.

-- Stinger

Ahhh...Thats the kind of feedback that I needed. I never doubted the
guy. I just had no feedback to go on. Thanks for the info as it makes
me feel better about him.

Tracy