Old January 24th 04, 11:44 AM
TL Fort

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:22:11 -0500, "chocolate rabbit"
wrote:

Burt and Wayne Green are right on this one I am afraid.
Even new 2 Meter radios are going for under $200.00
at HRO and AES. Nobody's buying ham gear except
for on e-Bay where you chances of getting "E-screwed"
on that "perfect condition used radio" are better than 7 to 1.

Actually, I got 2 Icom handhelds for that price from HRO. They sure
beat FRS for keeping contact withs the kids. Getting a tech liscense
for the kids isn't too hard either. You get a whole family of hams
that don't need to pick of a cell phone around town. They don't need
FRS with it's crowded bands and you get much greater range.

Tracy