Old January 24th 04, 01:20 PM
David

So what is Sirius and XM?

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 20:02:49 GMT, "Frank Dresser"
wrote:

"RHF" wrote in message
. com...
JW,

While GM could promote its Cars and Trucks "Nation Wide" on 'one'
Single Powerful Shortwave Station. (NOTE: It does not.)

GM does promote its Cars and Trucks "Nation Wide" on hundreds
of 'local' AM/FM Stations. Plus 'local' GM Dealers also use
local AM/FM Stations to promote GM Cars and Trucks.

The current AM/FM/TV Station Broadcast Model helps to build
local business and churn more money within the local economy.

All Politics are Local and our US Representatives and US Senators
plus our State and Local Elected Representatives are interested
in a thriving "Local Economy." The FCC Does What Congress Permits.

The National Economy is actual Hundreds of Regional Economies
make up of Hundreds of 'local' Economies.

WHATS GOOD FOR BUSINESS IS GOOD FOR AM/FM/TV BROADCASTING IN THE USA

[.]

Non-Domestic [Nation Wide] Shortwave Broadcasting 'exists' to
fill a limited business (social) need.

If the FCC did not WANT (allow) [Nation Wide] Non-Domestic Shortwave
Broadcasting then Dr Gene Scott and many others would be off the air.

With the Advent of Domestic XM and Sirius 'direct' Satellite Radio
Broadcasting; over time more domestic "Nation Wide" Broadcasting
will develop for that media.

TBL: Non-Domestic [Nation Wide] Shortwave Broadcasting in Ten (10)
to Fifty (50) Years will be what it is Today a Business Operating
within its Limited Market.

~ RHF
.

GM promotes it's cars nationwide on nationwide TV programming.

Car ads on radio are usually sponsored by a dealer or a dealer's
association.

There isn't much nationwide programming on radio anymore. When there
was, there was also nationwide radio advertising.

I don't see how much of this resulted from any deliberate government
policy.

Frank Dresser