Old January 25th 04, 10:05 AM
Sanjaya

"radiok3pi" wrote...
I have or have had all 3 also. Bugrunner is right. Personally, I
like Universal Radio in Ohio. The 7600GR is far superior to the other
two for sideband reception.

Russ

"Sanjaya" wrote...
"Bugrunner" wrote...
I am interested in getting into SW and have been looking at the various
receivers out there. I would like to stay in the 150.00 price range, and
have found 3 radios that seem similar in function. I would appreciate any
input to help with my decision. I am thinking about the Grundig YB400PE,
Sony ICF-SW7600GR or the Sangean ATS-505P. Also can anyone recommend the
best online retailer.
Thanks..

I have all 3 of those. I love them all too.
But I recommend the 7600GR if you're going to
own just one radio.
What do you mean by the best online retailer?
Prices? Authorized dealers? Reputation? Service?

universal-radio.com is a great place to shop, but they don't
sell the 7600GR online, due to a request from Sony. One has
to call for pricing and/or ordering. I'm not sure what Bugrunner
meant by "online retailer"... universal is online, but they don't
sell the Sony online. I'd guess their price is in line with other
vendors though.. $150 to $170. Anyone know???