Old January 25th 04, 12:22 PM
RHF

BugRunner,

Of the three 'portable' SWL Receivers that you listed:
(My Choice would be the Sony ICF-SW7600GR)

* * * * Sony ICF-SW7600GR
http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/icf-sw7600gr.html
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1534
100 Memories
AM-SYNC Detector
Selectable SSB with Fine Tuning
Variable RF Attenuator

* * Grundig Yacht Boy 400 PE
http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/yb400.html
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/816
40 Memories
Selectable SSB with Fine Tuning
Two IF Filters (Wide & Narrow)
Local-DX Switch

* Sangean ATS-505P
http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/html/ats505.html
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1070
45 Memories
SSB with 'Clarify' Knob
Local-DX Switch

Radio Netherlands' Receiver Shopping List
http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/rx_sort1.html

RN - Discontinued Receivers Shopping List:
http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/rx_discontinued.html

eHAM - General Coverage Receivers
http://www.eham.net/reviews/products/8

Concerning "Discount" OnLine Retailers: Start with Universal
Radio and expand your search out from there to find both the
'best' Price and Level of Service that you require.

DON'T FORGET A GOOD SWL ANTENNA - The Antenna is 55.5% of
the Radio/Receiver and Antenna/Ground Reception Equation.

iane ~ RHF
..
Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night... You Can Hear Forever and Beyond !
..
..
= = = "Bugrunner"
= = = wrote in message news:kJCQb.14271$Ue.3787@lakeread03...

I am interested in getting into SW and have been looking at the
various receivers out there. I would like to stay in the 150.00
price range, and have found 3 radios that seem similar in function.
I would appreciate any input to help with my decision.

I am thinking about the Grundig YB400PE, Sony ICF-SW7600GR or
the Sangean ATS-505P.

Also can anyone recommend the best online retailer.

Thanks..

..