Old January 25th 04, 01:59 PM
WShoots1

I test the tubes, then I check the caps,
diodes, connections, etc., plug it back in and it works for a day or two and
then quits. Any thoughts?~~Ray

If it quits relatively slowly, I'd check for over value resistors, especially
in the screen and cathode circuits. Also check those in series with the plate
circuits (decoupling resistors) as well as in the AVC and oscillator control
grid (high value types).

Heck. Just go through, with the radio disconnected, and check all resistors. If
any measure more than 10% higher than they are marked, replace them.

By the way... I believe you listed all the tubes as glass miniature types, but
intermittent filaments in metal tubes can be checked by feeling for warmth.

73,
Bill, K5BY