Old January 26th 04, 12:42 AM
Tony Meloche

Robert Sillett wrote:

The deep discounts were a little over a year ago, around Oct-Nov 2002. I
picked up two DX-396s for $50, a DX-402 for $50, and a DX-398 for $99.
Basically I got all four radios for the list price of the DX-398 alone.

I gave the DX-396s as gifts, but still use the DX-402 and DX-398. Both are
very good radios.

Bob

Agree with Bob's response, but also think it's worth pointing out
(given the original header of the post) that, to my knowledge, Radio
Shack *never* "made" their own radios. Some of their stuff is "made to
their specifications" however you want to interpret that, but I don't
think they have their own manufacturing facility for anything, and don't
know if they ever did. The DX-402 Bob refers to, for example, was made
by Sangean.

Tony

"snow" wrote in message
I was in a Radio Shack for the first time in about a year and I notice

they
no longer sell their own models but sell Grundig, etc. Did Radio Shack get
completely out of making the DX series?? There must be some good discounts
out there somewhere on the DX models if that is the case.