Old January 19th 05, 03:20 PM
Roby

I've had good luck with the kester 62/36/2% silver stuff, which is
eutectic.

Many many years ago, I had some luck with a indium-bismuth solder paste
in syringes from Indium Corp. Haven't fiddled with any of their stuff
since then.

Radio Shack sells a bag of little peices of tape-form stuff. Never got
it to work well.

Favorites?

Many many many years ago, one of my kid buddies built a Heathkit DX-35
transmitter. He couldn't get it to work, sold it to me.

The solder joints were absolutely TERRIBLE. Sooo, I plugged in my Weller
gun and remelted one. A puff of acrid smoke erupted. He had used "Liquid
Solder". Room temperature.

The good news: he had left all the component leads full-length, so I just
clipped everything out, replaced the toob sockets and tiepoints and
reinstalled the parts with real solder. It worked, I sold it.

Roby