Old January 27th 04, 02:44 AM
Tony Meloche

Frank Dresser wrote:

"Jim Douglas" wrote in message
newsCgRb.157167$xy6.750562@attbi_s02...
Interesting, it's the same here. Usually a couple of dead beats

checking out
the phones and they get the attention. They must be cheap or

something? I
figure if you don't have a cell phone by now you don't need one?

It there anybody out there who DOES NOT have a cell phone?

Never had a cell phone. I guess I'm lucky. I can get annoyed for free,
I don't need to pay for it.

Frank Dresser

My wife has had one for years, which I applaud (a woman traveling
alone in a car a lot - a must-have). But I never had one or wanted one
until my wife grabbed me by the lapels and jerked me into the 21st
century at Christmas. She bought me the phone and a 2-year
subscription. I travel to work each day down I-94 in Berrien County, MI
(read: "out-of-nowhere" blinding snow squalls). She said she wanted a
phone in that car with the types of cirmcumstance I occasionally have to
drive through to and from work. Hard to argue her logic there.

On RatShack (and I think I mentioned this once before), there are two
in my area. One I stopped going into some time ago, because if you went
in for a pair of D cell batteries, the manager would immediately get you
in a half-Nelson to buy six things you wanted no part of - and he was
persistent! T'ell with that crap!

Tony