Old January 27th 04, 05:09 AM
nowashers

"Jim Douglas" wrote in message
newsCgRb.157167$xy6.750562@attbi_s02...
Interesting, it's the same here. Usually a couple of dead beats checking

out
the phones and they get the attention. They must be cheap or something? I
figure if you don't have a cell phone by now you don't need one?

It there anybody out there who DOES NOT have a cell phone?

Yes. I am one. Never owned a cellphone. Never will.

Any phone company that tells
me that I have to *pay* for calls that I receive
on a cell phone, besides charge for a dozen
other (things that you need a PhD to understand
the reasoning behind) can kiss my a-- on Saturday.

Here is a story. My cousin (who's name is Vinnie !)
signed up with Sprint 6 months ago. He's all
excited cause he got his LG or Samsung (forget
which) Camera phone for only $150.00 and can
even play games on it, besides taking and sending
pictures to his webpage.

His monthly phone bill now averages $145.00
My monthly (pots) bill rarely exceeds $19.00
per month.

The guy who sold him his Sprint contract said
his phone bill dollar amount would be like "paying a
traffic ticket each month". If that was me, I would
have told that salesman to go pay his own "traffic
ticket" and I'd had walked out of the store laughing.

Last week he asked me how I can swing less than
$20 per month for full telephone service. I just smiled
at him and said they can either call later, or leave a
message on the machine, or kiss my a--.

(on a related topic, I always make it a point to
have fun with people who use handheld cell phones
while driving. usually some bimbo in an SUV or
teenager in a late model VW or Honda. one fun
way is to slow down to the posted
speed limit. ****es em off every time and on two
occasions they've run a yellow light or a stop
sign after passing me - i do this when near
intersections- both times they were nabbed by
the PD who I know sit up ahead in a blind spot.
the looks on their faces were priceless)