Old January 27th 04, 08:19 PM
RHF

FO&A,

I guess I am Going to have to 'create' a WebPage

"The RadioShack Shortwave Antenna Kit NOT!"

* Coming So To Your Nearest Search Engine !

* Bigger that a Shortwave !

* More Powerful than any Radio in your Shack !

* Watch Out You May Be Antennify !

* Yes... This Is The Whole KIT and Kabodle !

CAUTION: Batteries Not Included.

WARNING: Parental Supervision May Be Require.

Just For The Fum Of It ~ RHF
..
..
= = = (georgek)
= = = wrote in message . com...
"snow" wrote in message ...
I was in a Radio Shack for the first time in about a year and I notice they
no longer sell their own models but sell Grundig, etc. Did Radio Shack get
completely out of making the DX series?? There must be some good discounts
out there somewhere on the DX models if that is the case.

Speaking of Radio Shack, I was real disappointed in their sales people
a couple of weeks ago when I purchased their SW antenna kit. I'm an
electronics dummy so I asked them some very basic questions about
hooking the antenna up to my Sony 7600GR....like hooking up the lead
in wire to a plug (which I bought from them) that has a hot pin and a
ground sleeve. They had no clue. First they said hook it up to the
ground, then the hot, and finally both! This happened at two stores.
I remember not too long ago when their commercials bragged how their
salespeople were electronics experts....well, now they don't even know
the basics of the stuff they sell.