Old January 29th 04, 02:30 PM
Frank Dresser

"WShoots1" wrote in message
Frank D: One example was Crosley's transmitter in Bethany, Ohio.

The only Ohio station listed in my booklet is W8XAL in Cincinatti, on

daily
from 5-6 am PST on 6.06 MHz, and from 6-9 pm, same freq.

Interestingly, during
the 7-9 pm slot, W3XAU in Philly was also on the same freq.

That's it, although I was wrong about Bethany. Crosley's original
transmitter was in Mason. There's a run down he

http://www.anarc.org/naswa/issues/0996/apd0996.html

W6XKG was on 24/7 on 25.95 MHz. From what I can tell, no station in

the world
shifted frequencies. I guess they were one transmitter, one antenna

(and one
crystal G) stations back then.

That's probably one of the early experimental high fidelity stations.
There were a few stations that experimented with high fidelity wideband
AM. Many of them later switched to FM. The band is still in use for
link transmissions.

W6XKG is currently unassigned on this database:

http://sattrackhouston.com/w6x_1x3.htm

Forty years ago, I had a "Packed Bowel" 8mm camera and projector. I

think my
tape recorder then also was a P-B.

Both of my computers are, too. The newest of the two is fine for me.

The older
one, though, had a hardwired 2400 modem, yet it had a CD drive and a

super
audio board. G

73,
Bill, K5BY