Old January 31st 04, 09:55 PM
Barry Carlton

Default MW reception Sony 7600GR vs Sony pocket radio

"McMansion" wrote in message
By the way, as I also listen to a lot of MW, I'd be curious to know
what you think are the shortwaves with the best MW reception.

The Yaesu FRG 7 and FRG 7000 are quite nice on MW. Although yaesu's more
recent models (7700,8800 & 100) are quite poor in comparison.

On many (most?) shortwave radios the MW, FM and sometimes LW sections seem
to be added almost as an afterthrough - or as if most of the budget has gone
into the shortwave section but the marketing drones seem to think that the
radio has to have those bands as well - so the cheapest nastiest AM and FM
sections are tacked on. I'd prefer it if they left them out.