Old February 2nd 04, 12:26 PM
Ron Hardin

Default AOR 7030+ vs R8B passband?

Is the 7030 any better than the R8B in suppressing a loud MW station
10 kHz away, when listening to the distant sideband of the wanted
station?

The R8B gets its agc hit by the unwanted station (which is really really
strong) in this situation and so makes the wanted station unlistenable.

It's not a question of being any good (the R8B is good) but whether the
7030 is any better. Some slight edge.

I can't null the unwanted station because it lines up with the desired
station exactly. A little better tails on the passband might fix it.
We're talking about ripples I think, and how far down they really are.
--
Ron Hardin