Old June 30th 04, 03:09 AM
sbc yahoo news

Yeh, and my first experience with one was at a Ham, and now long retired
Tektronix employee. always wanted one-- bought mine for around 60 bux!
The interesting thing was , found 2 of them (SANS OSCILLATOR HEAD) for
10 bux, and one of them NOT the WW II version, but in a SQUARE, modern
houseing ! Probably should have got them on spot, but then there is
always next year!! Not much call, unfortunatly for great test lab
quality equipment (too many appliance ops!) but then the more they DONT
recognize this stuff, the cheaper it is for me!! Good Memories- from
around 35 years ago! Jim NN7K

John Moriarity wrote:
And, another thought: Often times on ebay, and at swap meets, you will

see

ones by Measurments Corp-- Model 59. (think some also calles "Boontown"
meters , were made in Boontown, N.J.)

Actually, it's Boonton, N.J., I've been to the
Measurements Corp factory. There was
another company there that used the name
"Boonton". I have one of their RF Voltmeters.

...These
come in 2 varieties- a LOW freq head (freq range unknown), and a HF-VHF
version 2.2 MHz to 400 MHz ...

One meter/power supply unit, three tuning
heads. Mine are packed at the moment,
but the LF head covers roughly 60 kHz to
2.3 MHz, the most common head covers
2.2 to 400 MHz, and the UHF head covers
up to about 1GHz, as I recall.

I have all three heads, and use them all.
Great instrument, but many newcomers
(even a Hewlett-Packard RF engineer I
once worked for) have never seen one.

73, John - K6QQ