Old August 17th 03, 06:32 PM
Allodoxaphobia

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 16:20:06 -0700, W7TI hath writ:

Ok, since what I'm really after is low loss (not necessarily shielding)
how about this:

TX 4:1 BALUN OPEN WIRE LINE 1:4 BALUN YAGI

Do you think the loss in the baluns would outweigh the reduced loss in
the open wire line? I'm looking at doing this on six meters where I
have a fairly long run of coax - about 120 feet. Surely someone has
tried this before.

How about CATV hardline? I'm using about 70 feet of the stuff for
6M and 2M. I'm using the 1/2" stuff for 6M and the 3/4" for 2M.
It should be FREE -- the Most Important cable characteristic. HI!HI!
No reason why you couldn't use the 3/4" stuuf on 6M -- tho', I think
it might be overkill.
As another posted mentioned (for open wire), you can cut it for
n-multiple 1/2 wavelengths, and use the Flexible Stuff for pigtails
at each end.

http://jonz.net/W3DHJ/catvhardline.html

HTH
Jonesy