Old February 7th 04, 03:26 AM
tommyknocker

Don Putnick wrote:

I received a letter today from the Station Manager at WSHB. Here are a
couple excerpts:

"I am very sad to have to write to you today, to let you know that we will
cease our shortwave broadcasts on February 29, 2004"

"We are hoping that someone will come forward and purchase the station so
that we may continue our broadcasts, but so far we have not found anyone.
Should we be successful in finding a buyer, I will let you know as soon as I
can."

WSHB RIP

Isn't that "Harvest Broadcasting"? Just goes to show you how difficult
it is to run a SW station with paid programming, especially religious
and right wing. The broadcasters simply don't pay enough to keep the
juice on.

Now if only WWCR and WWRB would disappear...