Old February 7th 04, 03:42 PM
Maximus

You might be able to fudge the tuning a bit by playing with the "cans",
turning the slugs inside with a scewdriver a bit one way or the other. 1700
is not that far above 1600. I used to do that with transistor radios when I
was a kid. The same is true for the lower end around 530 where you might
also find the Highway Advisory Radio stations.

"tommyknocker" wrote in message
B Banton wrote:

On 6 Feb 2004 17:53:47 -0800, (T) wrote:

Hi,
Our '91 escort's digital AM tuner won't go above 1600khz. Is there a
way to make it to tune above 1600khz?

Thanks for any help.

I believe the escort radios were limited to 1600khz. This, I am told,
is to prevent them from tuning in the traffic radio stations you
sometimes see on the highway. The reasoning is that the driver would
find out that there was massive traffic ahead, realize they would have
to spend that stopped time in a '91 escort and then proceed to kill
themselves. I think it worked. That's why you're here asking this
question. Thanks FORD.

Regards

I have a 92 Tempo, but I never thought to check to see if the radio went
above 1600 khz. I think the same radio was used in all Fords of that era
except the Taurus/Sable, which had radio controls next to the instrument
panel. I only drive a Ford because I bought it from the state motor pool
so I knew it had been maintained properly, and all they had at the
auction were Fords. I replaced the radiator, brakes, starter solenoid
and a few minor things and it runs great-rare for a Ford of that era.