Old February 7th 04, 10:12 PM
Beloved Leader

B Banton wrote in message . ..
On 6 Feb 2004 17:53:47 -0800, (T) wrote:

Hi,
Our '91 escort's digital AM tuner won't go above 1600khz. Is there a
way to make it to tune above 1600khz?

Thanks for any help.

... The reasoning is that the driver would
find out that there was massive traffic ahead, realize they would have
to spend that stopped time in a '91 escort and then proceed to kill
themselves. I think it worked.

Hahahaha. But seriously, as Frank Dresser said, car radios aren't
expensive at junkyards. They also show up frequently at yard sales and
thrift stores.

What you need to know is which model radios interchange with the one
currently in your car. The parts counter at your friendly local Ford
dealer may have this information. Junkyards keep track of which parts
interchange to which cars by means of the Hollander Manual. It will
tell you, for example, that the same rear window that is on a 1977
Oldsmobile will replace a broken one on a 1973 Chevrolet.

The nomenclature by which Ford parts are numbered is not difficult to
understand. The first character denotes the decade in which the part
first appeared. "A" is for the 1940s. "B" is for the 1950w. "C" is for
the 1960s. "D" is for the 1970s. "E" is for the 1980s. "F" is for the
1990s. The next character tells you the year in which the part was
first used. "C7" would indicate that a part first appeared in 1967.
The third character tells you the series of cars in which the part was
used. "A" is for full size. Thus a "C7A" part would have been used in
a full-size 1967 Ford.

at least, that's the way parts used to be numbered. It's been nearly a
decade since I bought Ford parts, so if things have changed since
then, I wouldn't know.

It could be the case that the same model radio used in a 1985 Escort
would fit a 1191 Escort. Or, it could be the case that the radio from
a 1997 could be retrofitted into a 1991. I don't follow Escorts, so I
don't know. Again, the parts counter could tell you that. I always
listened to the guys (OK, persons) at the parts counter. They can be
miracle workers.

Best wishes.