Old February 8th 04, 12:32 AM
N8KDV

Maximus wrote:

So who is Tommyknocker listening to ? I did a search for frequencies on
Google and found 11.835 but no time listed. I can't say as I have seen
anything in Passport, come to think of it.

It wasn't Haiti. Not on for some time as I recall, can't remember exactly when
though.

"N8KDV" wrote in message

tommyknocker wrote:

I heard last night (on SW) that rebels have "captured" the city of
Gonaives, Haiti's fourth largest (and the place where Haiti's
independence was declared 200 years ago). REE said that the rebels were
close to taking control of Cap Haitien (sp?), Haiti's second largest
city, as well. It looks like Aristide is going down. Has anybody heard
anything more today? (I haven't been near my radio yet today.)

That place was a total mess when I was in Port-au-Prince in the '70's.
Absolute poverty. I doubt if it's ever gotten better.

There used to be some shortwave out of Haiti, but no more.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B