Old February 8th 04, 01:46 AM
N8KDV

tommyknocker wrote:

Maximus wrote:

I remember something in online news about unrest there about Aristide. He
was bad news from the beginning and our government was involved in making
sure he got to power. We may regret that if these guys are leftists. Haiti
is one of the most miserable and poorest places on earth, so they are ripe
for any change that looks promising. We keep turning back people trying to
get to the USA on rafts etc.

Aristide is a Marxist. I do remember hearing years ago about a coup in
Haiti and how US troops reseated Aristide by force, something we're
gonna regret when he's overthrown since we don't have any troops to
spare to calm the place down.

Could you please post the UTC time and frequency ? I'd like to try to listen
myself . Thanks

My usual sources are Radio Exterior de Espana and Radio Netherlands.
Spain usually has more news about the Americas. They are on at 0000 on
6055-their only English tx to NAm. RN's website is rnw.nl, so look there
for freqs and times. "REE" was referring to Spain.

You might wish to try BBC 15190 in the mornings, they carry a lot of Caribbean
news around 1200 or so, perhaps earlier.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B