Old February 8th 04, 10:34 PM
N8KDV

Jim Moats wrote:

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message ...
"WShoots1" wrote in message

Ah yes. I'd forgotten all about Monitor Radio. That was a classy,

informative
operation.

Bill, K5BY.

Yes, it was. Unfortunately, it cost more than the Church wanted to
spend. As I understand, attempting to run a TV operation really drained
their funds quickly. They still have the Christian Science Monitor, but
I haven't seen one of those papers in years. It did have a reputation
for first rate journalism.

Frank Dresser

According to a Boston " Globe " story last Thursday, CS church
officials plan to make changes to the print edition of the CSM
newspaper, as well as exploring the possibility of charging for
subscriptions for the online version. Church treasurer Walter D. Jones
said that the Church' s publishing and broadcasting division, the
Christian Science Publishing Society, must break even by 2008 and turn
a profit by 2009.

I really like it when those non-profit outfits start talking 'profit'.

At least I'm assuming they are a non-profit organisation.