Old February 10th 04, 03:17 PM
Beloved Leader

starman wrote in message ...

... I don't know when Ford made the change but
a salvage (junk) yard could tell you. It might have been '93. I'm also
not sure if the wiring harness from a newer Escort radio is compatible
with your '91.

In December 1993, I rented a car in Denver that I think was an Escort.
I believe it was a rebadged Mazda 323. The rental car would surely
have been a 1994 model. By then, the Escort had acquired the
"jellybean" look. The earlier Escorts would have been squared off.
When Ford made the styling change, I do not know.

I'm going to buzz over to Crutchfield.com to see if their catalog is
online. They sell adapters that allow one to use aftermarket radios in
the dashboard. If the '91 and the '94 use different adapters, you'll
know that the radios do not interchange.

http://www.crutchfield.com

Click on "Car Products" and "What Fits My Car?" It is also possible to
"Give one of our Product Advisors a call at 1-888-955-6000, 8am -
midnight, Eastern, for more information." Crutchfield is located just
north of Charlottesville VA.

It is important to use a factory radio in the Escort, as use of an
aftermarket radio will lower the car's value to Escort collectors.