Old February 11th 04, 08:09 PM
Maximus

My two cents worth s. Yes. The problem is that you cannot guarantee
reception or that the signal will be intelligible - that is up to Mother
Nature. Many major broadcasters are in countries that used to have colonies,
and they broadcast to those former colonies with news and features of
interest to them, and we can hear some of those transmissions evenif they
are not beamed directly at us. France, Holland, Germany, Spain, Portugal all
broadcast in myriads of languages to their former colonies or even to area
of the US or other places where they may have citizens listening. Our own
Voice of America has news that you may not hear about on the PM TV news,
even if it is their own propoganda g. Whether you can understand the
language of a particular broadcast, you can certainly enjoy a variety of
good music. I like Radio New Zealand International of late 9.870 09:00 PST
(17:00 UTC), and Radio Nacional Da Amazonia has good music 11.780 late
afternoons. Maximus

"Chandler7600" wrote in message
YES! there is good programming to listen to on Shortwave;
Mostly ( IMHO) afternoon & night...

- Whats your Budget..?? How much can you spend to try it out..

Subject: Is shortwave a good alternative to cable TV?
Date: 2/11/2004 11:34 AM Eastern Standard Time
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:21:05 -0800, "Tom Sevart"
wrote:

He might miss those wonderful late-night infomercials, though... I mean,
where else can you learn to make millions by placing classified ads or
buying real estate? You know, if those things really work, why don't

they
make money that way instead of trying to sell the idea to everyone else?

So is there some good programming available to listen to on shortwave?