Old February 11th 04, 10:16 PM
tommyknocker

Diverd4777 wrote:

Yeah, sure, dump your Cable & go Shortwave....

I mean, are you really gonna miss home Shopping Network ? ?

Have you looked at how expensive cable is lately? And I bet he's only
got one cable provider so they probably charge highway robbery rates.
And what do they give you for your arm and leg-six home shopping
channels and ten movie channels?

Theres lots of good stuff on SWR;

Look at Sony 7600, YB400 and Sangean 505A for starters..

Since it sounds like he's in a rather remote location, he may want to
splurge for a used tabletop and a good outside antenna.

AND as far as " other "TV stations, try put up a Second / 3rd. 4rth
antenna & hooking them together..; & see what you can pick up ! !

Honestly, I don't watch too much TV except for local news. I get all my
international news from SW.

Dan

In article ,
writes:

Im thinking of dumping my cable TV. That will leave me with only two
local TV stations to get via an antenna.

Im considering buying a shortwave receiver that I can listen to while
doing things around the house.

Is there interesting programming available via shortwave? Is my idea
sound? What good receivers are worth looking at?