Old July 2nd 04, 07:59 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Dave" wrote in message
don't worry about it... cut it any length you can and use a tuner... it

will
work all bands from 160m to 6m and probably higher. don't count inches,

GET
ON THE AIR and have fun!

I agree that he should just get on the air. But those inaccurate conversions
although only inches result in feet in antenna dimensions and is not
insignificant. If one wants to get into resonant antennas, it becomes
particularly important. Even at 10 meters, the difference is 2.5 feet for a
full wave length antenna between using a conversion of 3 feet per meter
versus 3.25 feet (3 feet 3 inches) per meter. For a half wave dipole it
would be 1.25 feet. At 160 meters the difference climbs to 40 feet for a
full wave loop and 20 feet for a dipole.

These differences can be important even with a tuner. We've got an 80 meter
loop cut for the voice segment. My internal tuner will NOT tune it for the
CW portion so I must use my external tuner. If we had based the length on
using 3ft/meter rather than the 3.25ft/meter, it would have been too short
to tune on even the voice portion of the band.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

"Bob Miller" wrote in message
On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 07:42:24 +0200, /* frank */
wrote:

I can install only a dipole of about 10 meters
(as inverted V).

Is there any project, any commercial antenna
of such length, that allow me to work all band
7 - 14 - 21 - 28 MHz ?

Thanks

If you can make it 11 meters long, about 33 feet, that should get you
14 thru 28 mhz, with the use of 450 ohm feedline and a manual tuner.
If you can stretch it to 51 feet, you can add 10 and 7 mhz.

bob
k5qwg

10 meters = 32.8 feet
11 meters = 36.1 feet

A meter is approximately 3 feet and 3 inches NOT just 3 feet. Those

inches
add up after a while.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE