Old February 16th 04, 12:07 PM
N8KDV

donutbandit wrote:

(Sara) wrote in
om:

I am looking for info on how to send QSL reports to receive cards from
broadcasters. Any help appreciated.

Sara

Neatness counts!

Print out a nice letter. Include extensive program details (proves you
heard them) and a good SINPO reception report (let's them know how they are
being heard.)

Skip the SINPO, most broadcasters, or the folks answering the letter haven't a
clue!

Just tell them how well, or not, they are being heard, any interference from
other stations, which ones, and on what frequency.

That should do the trick. I've never. ever, used SINPO in any report I've sent.

Calculate the price of return postage, and include IRCs for that amount.
Include a SASE.

Skip the IRC's too! Some countries don't even take them, and they are
waaaaaaaaaaay too expensive. Most of the 'big' broadcasters don't require
return postage, but if you'd like to send return postage, put a $ in the
envelope.

SASE? That's a self-addressed-stamped-envelope, no need to put our postage on a
letter from a foreign country! Once again, most of the 'big' broadcasters won't
require that.

When one gets down to trying to QSL some flea power broadcaster in Bolivia or
such, then you might want to enclose a SAE, self -addressed -envelope, and then
you'll possibly be getting into territory where you might wish to enclose a
prepared QSL card that the station simply signs and stamps.

Hope. Pray.

Yes, one must always do that!

Steve
Holland, MI