Old February 16th 04, 12:46 PM
Robert11

Hi,
Newbie.

What's CODAR, please ?

Bob
--------------------------
"Rick KB1KIL" wrote in message
Reception Report from Maine this morning, February 16, 2004

10:30 uct 4.387 Radio Imperio Chidayo, Peru
Pretty good reception this morning. RST 3-5
120 FT Long wire at 45 ft. N/S

11:14 uct 4.775 Radio Tarma Tarma, Peru
Signal is quite readable even with the CODAR interferance. RST 5 to 7
120 FT Long wire at 45 ft. N/S

11:30 uct 4.780 Radio Cultural Coatan San Sebastian Coatan, Guatemala
It was quite difficult reading the singnal at times due to CODAR
interferance, but I was able to make it out on the strong peaks with a
little help with bandpass and notch. RST 4 to 6
120 FT Long wire at 45 ft. N/S

11:37 uct 4.800 Radio Buenas Neuvas Huancayo, Peru
Signal was quite strong and was very readable even with more CODAR
interferance. (as usual) RST 7 to 8, sometimes peaking to 9.
120 FT Long wire at 45 ft. N/S

11:45 uct 4.832 Radio Litoral La Ceba, Honduras
Signal was very readable, and very little interferance. RST 3 to 6 slow
fading.
120 FT Long wire at 45 ft. N/S

I could hear quite a few more stations but because of CODAR interferace it
was impossible to make out any of the broadcast. I HATE CODAR.

--
73's
Rick

Drake R8 R8B
ICOM R75
Yaesu 7700
Hammarlund SP-600-JX-17

"If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?"