Old February 16th 04, 08:47 PM
N8KDV

Dale Parfitt wrote:

"Solderblob" wrote in message
N8KDV said:

They are the same darn radio!, except for the model number on the darn
front!

Ssssh! Don't let the secret out!

Alan Johnson
N4LUS/7

The R7A came standard with the NB-7 and the 500Hz filter and 9KHz filter-

There was no 9 kHz 'filter'. Merely a wire across the place where a filter
could be inserted.

Us 'po folk I guess will be stuck with the R7's. I just wonder what happened to
Drakes stock of those small parts that slide in the front of the radio and
'turn it into' an R7A?

still, given the going price for the 2 filters and an NB-7, it hardly
explains the huge price difference some are willing to pay to have the A on
the front panel.

--
Dale W4OP
for PAR Electronics, Inc.