Old February 17th 04, 12:27 AM
Eddie Haskel

i sure wouldnt put that past Premeire!
"Soul Boy" wrote in message
You gotta be careful.

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:33:25 -0400, "Paul"
wrote:

"RP Jones" wrote in message
. ..
Thank You Art Bell, after I emailing you at coast to coast Spam showed

up
immediately, Now I am getting spammed by every dam snake oil marketing
lunatic on the web.

I very much doubt that Art Bell is the facilitator of
the alleged "spam" e-mail you claim to be rcvg.

More likely the broadcast company which produces his
program (Premeire Radio Networks) is "harvesting"
e-mail addresses for re-sale to telemarketing and/or
direct e-mail marketing firms.

For example, if you ever sent an e-mail to CNN or ABC
News, Fox or even Rush Limbaugh, you can reasonably be sure that your
e-mail
will be "harvested" for future direct marketing purposes. The logic is

that
anyone who *has the time* to e-mail a news service or a broadcast
company is *paying that much more attention* to the programming
being produced/presented therin, and thus, would be hat much more

receptive
solicitations by advertisers which sponsor (the saidsame) programming.

Another example is Product Warranty Cards.
These DO NOT go to the Service Department.
Nor do they go to the Engineering Department.
They go straight to the *Marketing Department*
where the info inscribed thereupon is carefully entered
into a database and sold at an ENORMOUS profit
to Sales and Marketing firms Nationwide.

Even your Doctor's Perscription Medication
Records are being used to target market products
to potential customers. I personally know 3 people
who do this as a career for a national pharmaceutical company
and have a database of over 5 million names that is
reguarally sold to Automobile, Furniture, Travel and
Brokerage companies.

Welcome to the world of Marketing! (It sucks)