Old February 17th 04, 07:59 PM
saki

(Diverd4777) wrote in
:

Saki,

( First, are you the same as " H H Munro " ?? ;-)

Nope, just a fan. Saki was my cat's name, named after the great H.H.
mimself. I took her name as a login for my initial Unix account and have
used it for almost all my accounts since.

- Let us know what you think of the Kaito 1102;
- Thinking of getting one ( eventually )

I like the sensitivity so far, which is better (or so it seems from cursory
examination) than my old Sony ICF-7600 (the 1991 model). I was looking for
something a bit more portable and practical.

The 1102 has a very nice feel to it (solid case) and logical operation
(except for the battery charger, and I eventually figured it out with help
from another 1102 owner). The blue backlight is very nice too.

Not a challenger for a tabletop of course, and it would probably be
outperformed by the 400PE or ICF-7600GR, but I wanted something smaller
than both those options that would still pick up what are "essential"
stations for me. The 1102 can get RNZI and Tunisia as well as DW and Radio
Netherlands, so that's enough for me. Very good MW and FM fidelity as well.

----