Old February 18th 04, 02:48 AM
Howard

Steve,
Are you using it with a tuner as recommended or did you bring it
straight to the receiver? My first try with one, sans tuner and on a
highly kluged support, was so quiet I couldn't even receive as well as
with the equivalent length of hookup wire. Perhaps I should spend a
bit more time with it, review the [simple] connections to make sure I
didn't err in construction, and listen at various times versus the 20
- 30 minutes daytime use initially given.

Thanks for any feedback,
Howard

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:43:36 GMT, "Stephen M.H. Lawrence"
wrote:

Noise will definitely be a problem.

Make one of these:

http://www.greertech.com/hfloop/mymagloop.html

You won't have problems with noise, and it's cheaper
than almost anything else. It's a shielded coax loop,
and since I built one, noise is a non - factor, and weak
signals come through wonderfully well.

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, MN