Old February 18th 04, 08:06 PM
Maximus

Chinese mafia.
La Dolce di Far Niente
"Waterperson77" wrote in message
I bought a computer there which never worked right since I got it. When I

tried
to return it for exchange, Wal-Mart refused to do so and said that all

computer
products including hardwware and the ecomputers theirselves must be

returned
within 14 days, and since it was more than 14 days, thy couldn't accept it

as a
return and told me I had to call the manufacturer and then wal-mart gave

me a
false phone number to the manufacturer of the computer.

After several calls to telephone directory assistance, I finally found the

real
phone number to the manufacturer of the computer. and guess what?

The manufacturer told me to take it back to Wal-Mart since it still wasn't

year old and Wal-Mart had signed a contract with the computer manufacturer

take that manufacturers computers back for a whole year from date of

purchase
if they're defective.

I told him I tried to do so and Wal_Mart refused to do so and said it had

to be
within 14 days.

Then he re-iterated that Wal-Mart had signed a contract with the

manufacturer
to take it back within a year.

Since Wal-Mart efused to take it back, I had to send it back to the
manufacturer for repairs ( and it's still not fixed correctly, yet),

but the bottom line here is that Wal-Mart has violated their contrat with
Compaq computers and gotten away with it.