Old February 21st 04, 09:03 AM
Sara

Default Sony SW77 VS Super ATS-909?

I already own an Icom IC-R75 radio. It's fine for LSB. I am thinking
of buying a portable for AM listening. Are these the best portables
for my purpose? I don't want a big radio. The Sony SW77 is nearly $500
but the Sangean Super ATS-909 is about $330. These are what I'm
considering. Are these good choices? Is there something better? $500
seems a lot for a portable. Is it the best? Can someone help? I
understand that the Grundig is huge. I don't want to break my arm or
my back but I want something that sounds better than my Icom for AM. I
want to collect QSL cards.

Sara