Old February 21st 04, 07:58 PM
Larry Ozarow

Ken,

I have the CRF-150 which looks to be the same chassis. Nice radio,
impossible to figure out how to disassemble it without the manual.
Luckily I found a nice fella with one and he sent me a copy. I'll dig it
up and scan the relevant pages and e-mail them to you. Let me
know by followup if the e-mail in your posting is not legit,
otherwise I'll just send it along to the one you have listed.

Larry

K.chattenton wrote:
Hi all,

I have just acquired a Sony radio, model No, CRF-160.
Though the radio works fine I need to change a couple of components on the
front panel ( on/off switch, dual pot for the RF gain and BFO ).

The problem I have is getting the radio separated from the case.
I don't have any service material on this radio and for the life of me I
just can't get at the main chassis to change these items that I have
mentioned.
Can any one on this list help with advice or supply me with a service manual
or notes as to the removal of the main chassis please.?
Any expenses incurred will be fully refunded of course. Thank you for your
time, cheers Ken, G4KIR.

---