Old February 21st 04, 08:52 PM
Telamon

In article ,
N8KDV wrote:

Pete KE9OA wrote:

What was causing the problem? At first, I thought it might be an external
mixing spur, where the CHU signal was mixing with a MW broadcast station in
a rusty rain gutter. That does occur in my area, since I am in close
proximity to three 50kW MW broadcasters.

The rusty raingutter theory may hold some weight! I've had some
problems before along the same lines with what I believe is my
neighbours metal barn siding.

Getting some mixing products here with my local on 1260, that's the
problem.

Before you go off blaming a rusty rain gutter look for problems
somewhere on your long horizontal wire like ice or crud across
insulators.

The UNUN box and coax lead-in cable electrical connections could be
loose or have cracked solder connections.

If that looks OK then the distribution amp might be the problem. Take it
off line and see if the problem goes away.

A local AM station could be in the AC power supply. Do you have a power
line filter to your radios?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California