Old February 22nd 04, 04:42 AM
Peter Maus

Mark S. Holden wrote:
Peter Maus wrote:

Radioman wrote:

This is an incredible radio at a great price. Please see the link
below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ESSE%3AIT&rd=1

With all due respect, I bought my own 7030+ as an open box/demo
piece, fully dressed, from a reputable dealer about two years ago, for
about half this price.

As good as it is, you may wish to consider that there is a newer
version, 7030++ available at retail for about a hundred dollars less
than this opening bid.

Even considering the noise blanker/notch, Collins filters,
daughterboard, service kit and Windows controller, I wish you luck at
finding bidders to play at this level.

7030++ ? Hadn't heard about that one. Have a link?

Caught me by surprise, too. It was in an article I read sometime
last year. From the text, it looked like a firmware upgrade. That
may be the firmware you have. I know it post dates mine. There were
also minor circuit variations. AOR Uk's website has never mentioned
it, but that site hadn't been current for a while last time I looked
at it.

Unless it was the author's personal shorthand.

But I've not kept up with all of the SW hobby, lately I've been
more of my free time at the airports.

That R-10, and R-7000 have become real useful all of a sudden. :}

None the less, Grove is offering a current 7030 for $300 less
than the starting bid on this auction. Rarefied air, indeed.