Old February 22nd 04, 06:53 AM
Frank Dresser

"Tony Meloche" wrote in message

I can relate to this. My first SW capable radio was a 1937

Zenith -
a console with "Magic Eye", all band reception, etc. I wouldn't mind
one bit having that radio back today if I could get it back with a
complete cap job, all new tubes, realignment, etc. Regardless of
antenna, it couldn't match a modern high-end
SW reciever, but it would still be fun - the thing reeked of the
"romance" of SW listening back at that time in history.

Tony

Yeah, getting the things we wanted but couldn't afford as kids is a big
part of collecting. Not so much in my case, though. The only radio I
got because I wanted it as a kid was a Drake SW-4A. It worked pretty
good when I got it. Oh, well.

Frank Dresser