Old February 22nd 04, 11:00 PM
JG Lane

Default Yachtboy 400: Problem with On-Off Switch

I have a Yachtboy 400, purchased around 1997. For the last couple of
years, I've used it very little, and it has been stored in a filing
cabinet. It's never been dropped or otherwise abused. It was stored
flat in the drawer, with nothing falling on top of it that I can think
of.

Yesterday, I pulled it out to use at my desk. I've discovered that
the On-Off switch does not turn the radio off. It switches between
the radio display and the time display, but the radio continues to
play on. This is going to be very bad on batteries! ;-)

I've reset it, and checked the Lock button. However, I can't find my
manual (we moved a year ago, things are still in boxes in the attic),
so I may be overlooking something that should be obvious. My memory is
faint on how the Lock button worked. OTOH, perhaps the switch has
gone bad with age.

Can anyone point out anything I might be missing? If the opinion is
that the switch has gone bad, can anyone recommend a repair facility
in the Atlanta, Georgia area? Or--is the radio too old and the repair
too expensive to make it worthwhile?

Other than this oddity, it's working fine in all other aspects.

I appreciate any help you might can give me. Thanks very much,

JGLane