Old February 23rd 04, 07:12 AM
Altawaowr

The tecsun radios i have are great but they still aren't as good as my
5 year old sangean ATS-909. It's actually a radio shack dx 398. The
tuning knob when you're on LSB or USB sometimes skips way ahead or
tunes backwards which is a major pain in the butt. I just use the
arrow keys and fine tune the USB by trial and error. The speaker too
is a little hard sometimes to hear speech. I need to run it into an
external speaker.

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 10:47:49 -0800, Mike Maghakian
wrote:

the three new sangeans are now for sale on ebay and the major SW
dealers. they don't look too impressive for the money compared to some
of the chinese portables like the PL-200 and DE-1102 but who knows ?????